Skill overview description
This skill is about the two-way process that relates to sharing information that is clear and accurate (verbal, non-verbal and written), and remaining receptive to others’ opinions. It is also about demonstrating the ability to evaluate, edit, and share information in a timely way that promotes understanding and effective action.
Communicating and Influencing level 1
- I write clearly, producing clear, concise, and accurate reports or other documents that have a clear focus and purpose.
- I listen attentively when others are speaking, asking open questions to confirm their needs and appreciate their point of view.
- I speak in clear and simple language so that I can be easily understood by others.
- I take time to understand the needs of people I communicate with
- I listen actively and check my understanding.
- I show empathy and communicate with others fairly and respectfully.
- I use different communication and influencing approaches to de-escalate challenging situations and resolve conflict.
Developing your communication and influencing skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.