Skill overview description
This skill is about demonstrating the willingness, flexibility and ability to adapt and continue to perform effectively when organisational and/or situational circumstances change. It is also concerned with supporting others (colleagues, external partners, public) in implementing changes and demonstrating the knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable new and productive ways of working, even during difficult phases of change.
Change management level 4
- I create strategic organisational change that reshapes the service or function, to deliver appropriate responses to emerging trends and issues.
- I lead departments/multiple teams in organisational change by embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
- I monitor changes in the external policing environment, appraising opportunities to positively influence change and help manage the risks of unintended outcomes.
- I implement, test and communicate new and far-reaching ways of working that can radically change our organisational cultures, attitudes and performance.
- I integrate qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate diverse or complex change.
- I evaluate change and communicate lessons learnt for further organisational improvements.
Developing your change management skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.