Skills description overview
This skill is about the two-way process that relates to sharing information that is clear and accurate (verbal, non-verbal and written), and remaining receptive to others’ opinions. It is also about demonstrating the ability to evaluate, edit, and share information in a timely way that promotes understanding and effective action.
Communicating & Influencing level 3
- I draw robust conclusions from complex data and communicate these persuasively verbally and in writing.
- I communicate clearly, calmly and professionally with others under pressure.
- I produce and manage communications across the department(s) and where appropriate with external groups.
- I understand the potential impact of sensitive and impactful communications, anticipating the reactions of different audiences and responding to their needs.
- I facilitate large group and team meetings skilfully, adapting my communication approach to the requirements of each audience and situation, using different techniques to lead, motivate and engage others.
- I ensure that all times, I ensure that data privacy and protection considerations are duly applied.
Developing your use of communicating & influencing skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.