Skills description overview
This skill is about the two-way process that relates to sharing information that is clear and accurate (verbal, non-verbal and written), and remaining receptive to others’ opinions. It is also about demonstrating the ability to evaluate, edit, and share information in a timely way that promotes understanding and effective action.
Communicating & Influencing level 4
- I ensure that information is shared effectively to promote organisational effectiveness – keeping people informed concerning information and/or decisions that may affect them.
- I deploy a range of communication and influencing techniques to successfully negotiate, collaborate and/or effect change.
- I apply knowledge of modern communication platforms, including social media, to develop effective approaches to communications.
- I review and implement communication materials and media plans giving clear and trusted direction and advice and ensure teams/individuals know what is required of them.
- I take time to listen to others and ensure multiple perspectives inform my decision making and communicate the reasons behind my decisions in a way that is clear and understood.
- I communicate my viewpoint concisely, adapting my language and personalising messages to meet the needs of all audiences.
Developing your use of communicating & influencing skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.