Skill overview description
This skill is about understanding the relevant operational, people, financial and data resource considerations necessary to make confident and timely decisions to enhance team, departmental and/or organisational performance.
Managing resources level 5
- I manage wide-ranging financial, people and material resources, balancing complex and competing demands on finite resources by making measured, risk-based decisions within available budgets.
- I lead multiple projects ensuring strategic or operational aims are achieved and avoid unnecessary duplication or waste of resources.
- I take a proactive approach to strategic risk management, and ensure effective policies and plans are in place concerning commercial partnerships and agreements.
- I role model strong leadership and accountability with regard to the organisation’s procurement procedures for the identification of strategic suppliers.
- I lead the development of a commercially aware mindset and approach in the Force.
Developing your managing resources skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.