Skill overview description
This skill is about the process of establishing a shared understanding of the performance requirements for each individual, against agreed objectives and managing activities in line with this. Also involves promoting and facilitating the continuous review and ongoing professional development of each individual and linking their needs, objectives and goals to those of the team and organisation overall.
Performance management level 1
- I understand the role, importance and process of ongoing performance discussions and development planning.
- I am able to interpret priorities and apply outstanding time management to deliver these.
- I ensure my continued competence as required by professional standards appropriate to my role.
- I am able to assess and report progress, and manage my performance, against agreed success criteria.
- I am able to evaluate my strengths and development needs, and use this knowledge to improve my performance on an ongoing basis.
Developing your performance management skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.