Skill overview description
This skill is about the process of establishing a shared understanding of the performance requirements for each individual, against agreed objectives and managing activities in line with this. Also involves promoting and facilitating the continuous review and ongoing professional development of each individual and linking their needs, objectives and goals to those of the team and organisation overall.
Performance management level 3
- I demonstrate effective skills in setting team and individual performance objectives that turn organisational priorities into practice.
- I ensure structure and organisation is in place to promote effective performance against priorities.
- I am able to monitor performance and identify emerging risks, issues, and opportunities in order to take corrective steps if necessary.
- I am able to help managers reflect and develop their own performance management skills.
- I lead and demonstrate practised performance management skills and behaviours, inspiring a positive team culture and treating others with respect and fairness.
Developing your performance management skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.