Skill overview description
This skill is about the effective management of priorities, time, tasks, relationships and risks, through the appropriate and efficient use of resources to deliver a requested level of service and/or required standard of work on time.
Planning level 2
- I plan and organise in advance, allocating work appropriately within the team, identifying and mitigating risks to delivery.
- I plan, set and review team objectives to ensure the required standard and quality of performance is consistently achieved on time.
- I adapt plans and manage workload demands to support the team in line with changing circumstances.
- I develop the knowledge and skills of both the team and individuals, identifying needs and planning their development using a variety of actions and behaviours to enhance performance.
- I maintain an up-to-date activity planner of the team’s objectives and monitor progress making sure both individual and/or team milestones are being met.
- I look for effective ways of promoting wellbeing and monitor early warning signs and ways of supporting the mental health of my team.
Developing your planning skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.