Skill overview description
This skill is about the effective management of priorities, time, tasks, relationships and risks, through the appropriate and efficient use of resources to deliver a requested level of service and/or required standard of work on time.
Planning level 3
- I plan to short and medium term cycles, coordinating a range of activities within the function and match these to available resources, identifying and mitigating known risks to delivery.
- I set up efficient and effective ways of monitoring the focus, progress and quality of the team’s work activities against plans.
- I take personal responsibility and actively encourage and support individual learning and skills development within my teams and ensure records are maintained.
- I effectively manage and implement complex projects and take prompt action to keep critical activities and deliverables on track.
- I communicate effectively and discuss plans with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, and with external partners and communities.
Developing your planning skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.