Skill overview description
This skill is about the process of finding options or solutions to difficult or complex issues, which may be internal or external to our own teams. It includes taking responsibility for solving a problem and persevering until it is completed.
Problem-solving level 4
- I think strategically, determining and clarifying what problems we are and are not trying to solve.
- I formulate relevant policies and procedures that promote problem solving, with due regard to issues associated with implementation failure.
- I devise and apply detailed methods of analysis (or commission them from others), to clarify and/or solve complex problems.
- I integrate problem-solving opportunities to influence change, innovation, and collaboration.
- I critically analyse leadership methods associated with problem-solving initiatives and practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- I create partnerships that approach to problem solving by developing strategic relationships with partners and leading strategy and collaboration forums.
Developing your problem-solving skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.