Skill overview description
This skill is about the process of finding options or solutions to difficult or complex issues, which may be internal or external to our own teams. It includes taking responsibility for solving a problem and persevering until it is completed.
Problem-solving level 5
- I lead and drive a culture of problem identification, prevention and intervention.
- I determine the infrastructure and recording processes associated with problem solving to ensure rigorous application and accountability.
- I lead and review different problem-solving methods that improve public trust and confidence in the police.
- I assess and manage the factors associated with effective partnership and governance structures with problem solving at the core.
- I apply horizon scanning skills to identify the likely future needs of policing and use these to inform strategic planning.
Developing your problem-solving skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.