Skill overview description
This skill is about the ability to use and process information technology, including its collection, organisation, storage, analysis, presentation and communication; including various types of format and media.
Use of IT level 5
- I have a thorough appreciation of how technology is and will continue to impact the nature of crime and policing methods and use this to develop organisational strategies and approaches that harness the opportunities of technology and manage technology-related risk.
- I lead the development of a comprehensive, modern and reforming organisational information technology strategy.
- I lead the implementation of the organisation’s information technology strategy and linked processes to support the delivery of both the force’s priorities and national policing initiatives.
- I lead the commissioning and deliver the operational efficiencies of new or improved technologies, networks and operating systems and their transformational impact on the force’s service delivery and/or cost reduction.
- I review and analyse relevant information in order to take strategic decisions which are critical to the organisation’s performance.
Developing your use of IT skills
Awaiting a range of resources that can support the development of this skill.