Considerations for HR and L&D Managers
As an HR or L&D Manager here are some of the things you might want to consider in terms of how you could support your officers and staff achieve academic qualifications, and what you need to put in place to do this.
- What support can we offer as a force?
- What do we need to consider when offering support?
- What criteria do we need to place on support?
- What conditions do we need to put in place when offering support?
- What authorisation do we require for individuals to apply for support?
- How will we ensure fairness in any application process?
- How will we deal with appeals?
- What administrative functions need to be in place?
- Benefits of setting up projects/ groups for staff undertaking study
- Are there any knowledge gaps in force this opportunity could help fill?
- What will a qualification provider expect from us as a force?
- Who do we need to communicate this to?
Considerations for Line Managers
As a Line Manager you may find one of your team members wants to study for academic or professional qualifications, here are some things you may want to consider.
- What do I need to do?
- How can I support someone?
- How could this benefit my team?
- How might someone taking up this opportunity affect my team?
- Are there any projects that could support you team members study?
- Who do I think could benefit from this opportunity?
- What is my team member entitled to?
- How will they learn?/ Will they have to attend lectures?